My name is François, I'm 37 and I live in the Eurométropole de Strasbourg, France.
I've been doing computer science professionnaly for more than 15 years. I started my "career" by joining a small team of great people in a Institut Universitaire de Technologie, as a sysadmin. I then have been the responsable informatique of a local Industrial Property Office. I'm self-employed since 2018, with more or less success.
I like things that are simple, smart, effective...and different. It's most probably why I quickly ditched Windows and decided to invest my time in learning Linux and macOS.
I also like to automate things and I like to write some code when I can.
I'm an avid supporter of Open-Source. I'm strongly convinced that the future of computing rests on openness, standardization and interoperability.
I'm currently looking for a new job.
What I'm looking for:
- a human scale team, even if it's in a large company ;
- building strong relationships ;
- sharing knowledge, helping ;
- working with future-proof technologies ;
- feeling useful ;
- investing myself, because that's what I like to do.
What I'm not looking for:
- working with the latest trendy technologies just because they are trendy ;
- working with legacy technologies just because "we've been doing this that way forever" ;
- being told what to do and when (aka micro-management) : I'm experienced enough to organize my workload, thanks :)
- filling spreadsheets with numbers for the sake of it.
My resume is available here (in french only).